Sidekick’s are one of our favorite things that has come out of Disney Infinity 3.0. They’ve gone from slightly helpful companions to indispensable allies.
There are several different ways to unlock Sidekicks inside Disney Infinity 3.0, and each Sidekick has a dedicated location which they can be unlocked. While some are collected by chance and patience, others can be gained by accomplishing feats or completing challenges.
Sidekicks can be unlocked by:
- Toy Box Hub Sidekick Mission – Sidekick Square One
- Completing My INterior Missions
- Collecting Toy Box Hub Gifts
- Exploring Toy Box Takeover Themed Worlds
- Completing the Toy Box Takeover Hero Destroyer
- Exploring the Twilight of the Republic Playset
Here is a basic breakdown of where you will find each of your Sidekicks!
Sidekick Square One
Snag these three sidekicks by playing the “Sidekick Square One” missing inside the Sidekick (green) portal from the Toy Box Hub.
|Fix-It Felix, Jr.|
My INterior Sidekick Unlocks
You can unlock Sidekicks while exploring and building in the My INterior section of the Toy Box primarily in one of three ways:
- Trivia Questions – Answer random Disney trivia to unlock a either a reward of sparks or a new Sidekick. (Typically the Sidekick reward will relate to the question asked.)
- Decorator Missions – Talk to the Fairy Godmother to receive missions that require you to theme the walls, trim, floor and lights of a room to the special request of a Townsperson to unlock a corresponding Sidekick.
- Mini Games – Certain additions to your INterior will trigger mini games, those additions can be special Sidekick Rooms or guests in the INterior that ask for help on a specific task.
**IMPORTANT NOTE – We haven’t gone into too much specific detail on exactly how to unlock each of these sidekicks because of the nature of Disney Infinity 3.0 and it’s more randomized way of doing this. What we will do is note how we unlocked them, and if you had any different experience, let us know and we will update our guide and give you credit! THANKS FOR BEING THE BEST COMMUNITY EVER! YOU ROCK!**
Toy Box Hub Sidekick Unlocks
These Sidekicks unfortunately are acquired by scouring your Toy Box for Surprise Gifts! It’s a bit of a pain to find them all, but new gifts appear every 15 minutes or so inside the Toy Box Hub.
Protip – Use a flying character or grab a flying vehicle and make circles around your hub and keep a close eye out for the any odd bright yellow spots that wouldn’t normally be there. Quickest way to find all the presents inside the hub when they appear.
Toy Box Takeover Sidekick Unlocks
There are two type of Sidekick Unlocks in the Toy Box Takeover Expansion game. Ones you can save from the Hero Destroyer, and others that are littered throughout the level mystery capsules.
Mystery Capsules can be found in two places inside Toy Box Takeover:
- In the main Hub – There is typically one capsule to be found in each of the new Hub sections added to the main level chooser. Make sure you investigate the Hub thoroughly before venturing into the themed worlds. (Example: Jump up onto the broken platforms of the Marvel Entrance or Check behind the Volcano on Syndrome’s Lair Entrance).
- In the themed levels – Make sure you check EVERY nook and cranny of each level to full explore and investigate
|Donald||Marvel Themed Level|
|Cinderella||Toy Box Takeover Hub|
|Chernabog||Marvel Themed Level|
|Captain Hook||Toy Box Takeover Hub|
|Dopey||Death Star Themed Level|
|Happy||Death Star Themed Level|
|Grumpy||Death Star Themed Level|
|Merlin||Finish all levels on Extreme.|
|Wreck-It Ralph||Marvel themed entrance of Toy Box Takeover Hub.|
|Jack Sparrow||Pirates Themed Level|
|Mr. Gibbs||Pirates Themed Level|
|Davy Jones||Pirates Themed Level
*Defeat Davy Jones
|Edna||Syndrome’s Lair Level|
|Syndrome||Syndrome’s Lair Level
|Dash||Syndrome’s Lair Level|
|Mrs. Incredible||Syndrome’s Lair Level|
|Violet||Syndrome’s Lair Level|
|Woody||Lone Ranger Themed Level
*Behind the destroyable stone wall in the Horse section.
|Jessie||Lone Ranger Themed Level|
Hero Destroyer Sidekick Unlocks
25 Sidekicks are trapped within Syndrome’s Hero Destroyer and each time you play through the three level quest you will progress through a list of Sidekicks, unlocking them one by one.
Ultimately you will need to play the Hero Destroyer a total of 25 times at the very least to unlock all these Sidekicks.
**NOTE: I know this list is out of order in terms of which Hero Destroyer Run, we put them in order of the Sidekick menu inside the Toy Store & Toy Box.
Twilight of the Republic Sidekick Unlocks
Journeying throughout the Galaxy in the Star Wars Playset Twilight of the Republic will bring you into encounters with the occasional Jedi youngling. Help them with a small side quest or hide and seek and unlock them for play inside the Toy Box.