John Vignocchi and Allison Petrek are back to give us a good look at the new Star Wars The Force Awakens Playset Characters!
We will get a good look at all four of the new characters and their various skills and gameplay.
Follow along with us as we take a look at some of the major / interesting points from the stream!
Be warned of spoilers ahead!
You can watch the stream here:
Watch live video from Disney on www.twitch.tv
Stream Highlights / Recap
- Entire cast from The Force Awakens is providing voice work for the figures in the new Playset.
- Finn’s weapon has the highest rate of fire & is the most powerful weapon in the game according to JV.
- They drop down Finn’s costume change disc and we get a look at Stormtrooper Finn!
- Stormtrooper Finn hads a bonus effect in addition to the costume changes… it will also provide a quick reload for his blaster!
- We now get a peek at Rey and her gameplay and combat skills!
- Rey uses a combination of a bow staff and a blaster.
- JV comments that Rey feels more arial and lighter in her gameplay vs. other Star Wars characters.
- We get a look at some of her blocks / parry attacks.
- Poe Dameron is up next with some gameplay.
- Poe uses a combo of hand to hand combat and a blaster for long range.
- His finisher move involves a grenade that stuns an area of enemies.
- They drop Poe’s Resistance Jacket into the game to get a look at the alternate costume.
- There isn’t a bonus to the Poe’s Resistance Jacket (unlike Finn’s Stormtrooper Costume)
- Tyler drops in to break out an amazing pause combo which features a big spinning blaster attack.
- Time for some Kylo Ren action!
- We get details about the super secrecy behind the VO work for Kylo Ren and the special voice modulation controlled only by the Lucas Studios.
- Apparently there are major spoilers with Kylo’s skill tree so we have a level three character to keep the good hidden!
- JV drops mention of an upcoming Art Of Infinity Book! Whoa that would be awesome!
- JV compares Kylo to Darth Vader, but much faster.
- JV mentions that they had to have code names for every element of the playset. There was so much secrecy around the playset that they had to take way more precautions than normal.
- Darth Vader and Kylo Ren face off in a quick battle while they wait for the Resistance Tacticle Strike to recharge. (Kylo is at a bit of a disadvantage by being a lower level.)
- The Resistance Tactical Strike is apparently very similar to the Infinity Gauntlet power disc from 2.0.
- The Tactical strike attack disc brings down a nice volley of shots from the sky.
- The demo of the Tactical strike kind of failed, so they switched over to the Quad Jumper vehicle disc.
- JV mentions that the Quad Jumper is the fastest vehicle in Disney Infinity.
- Some of the early designs of the Playset piece included the downed Destroyer from Jakku.
- The team shows off the really awesome The Force Awakens Poster!
- We won’t see an older Han Solo costume change disc, there was initial discussion for that to happen but they decided they would revisit it later.
25 Days Of Giveaways! – Enter Now!
We are giving away a new Disney Infinity prize every day for 25 days in the month of December!